We at the Royal Lion Hotel know how important it is to reduce our impact on the environment. We are seeking to protect the environment by cost savings obtained from conserving energy, reducing water usage and minimising waste. We are aiming to improve our environmental performance through pollution prevention, staff awareness and continual improvement.
Our actions to lessen our impact on the environment:
- Raising staff awareness and encouraging them to carry out more sustainable business practices.
- Recycling paper, newspapers, glass, cans and cartridges.
- Reducing our usage of paper by printing double sided.
- Operating a “switch off” policy for all office staff to turn off computer equipment when not in use.
- Conserve energy by switching off unnecessary lighting and close windows if the heating is on.
- We endeavour to use as many local suppliers as possible.
- We have installed low energy light bulbs in 95% of the hotel.
- We re-use/replace towels on guest’s requests.
- By reducing our usage of harmful cleaning chemicals and replacing with eco-friendly products wherever possible.
- We provide information on local walks and public transport for our guests.
- Provide cycle hire information along with details of local cycle routes.
- Constantly seek to improve our environmental performance; and
- Promote the reduce, re-use and recycle ethos.
- Our newly refurbished Ladies and Gents toilets are now equipped with sensor controlled wash hand basins, toilet flushes and lights.
The Royal Lion Hotel Visitor Charter
Here at the Royal Lion Hotel we recognise that we have environmental responsibilities and are committed to working towards a sustainable future.
Our policy is to recycle as much of the hotel waste as the local facilities allow. Our staff also separate bottles, cans and papers collected from the rooms and with the guest’s co-operation, towels are only changed on request.
Be a Responsible Visitor
Leave the car – please leave your car in our car park and take advantage of the public transport or have a walk around one of the local walking routes.
The X53 Jurassic Coast bus runs from Exeter to Poole, arriving at Lyme Post Office from 06.30 to 21.01 and from Poole to Exeter arriving in Lyme Square from 06.25 to 18.52 (Monday to Friday). Weekend times vary.
The X31 from Dorchester to Axminster arrives in Lyme Square from 06.51 to 19.29 and from Axminster to Dorchester 07.30 to 20.37 (Monday to Friday. Weekend times vary.
The town service bus 71 operates daily from the square from 9.28 to 12.28.
For comprehensive Dorset wide travel information visit the TravelDorset website.
Conserve energy – you can make a difference by turning down the heating in your room by just one degree. Close the window if the heating is on and remember to switch off lights and appliances whenever you leave the room.
Be water wise – Please use water wisely. Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth and adhere to our towel policy.
Respect Nature – Please respect our area of natural beauty, use designated footpaths and cycle ways.